Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Soon To Be Gone


 I petted the kitten. Her head was soft like a pillow and warm like a heater. Her body was shape like an adult cup. Her name was Melanie, and she was a baby kitten. She would purr, every time I rubbed her soft, warm tummy.
 Every time she wanted to sleep, she always wanted to sleep on my lap. She would sleep like a newborn kitten on my lap. Her tiny eyes all squinted up, tight, her paws stretched out. The way she sleeps is so peaceful, and adorable. A few hours later, when she wakes up, she would stretch, jump off my lap and start heading for her bowl to drink water.
  After she has been drinking and eating, she would roll a barn of yarn to me so I can play with her. Every time I throw the ball of yarn at her, she catches it and starts to purr every time she rolls it back and forth. After she's done with that, she jumps on my lap and tries to lick my face by crawling up to my chest or on the sofa. Soon enough, after were both tired, we both go to sleep. I would sleep on the sofa from my sides and Melanie would sleep right next to me. She would purr to me which I think means goodnight and I would say goodnight to her back.
 The next morning, I wake up and I find Melanie pale and weak. My mom and I take her to the vet.
"I'm afraid that Melanie is dying. I'm so sorry." The doctor says in a sad look. The doctor checks for any wounds and he finds a stab in her stomach. Now, it's dry blood.
 I thought that I heard a crashing sound last night and heard Melanie screech. But I thought it was nothing at all.
"She must have been stab with a knife. " The doctor said.
 When my mom and I got home, I put Melanie on her bed to rest. I went to eat dinner, and as I came back, I found her dead. She wasn't breathing and I checked her pulse. She was definitely dead. Tears start pouring out of my eyes.
 The next day, I took Melanie to the backyard and buried her. I said goodbye and I start to cry. Melanie was the best kitten I ever had.
 But now, that does not happen anymore. Goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment