Sunday, December 26, 2010

Juvenile Arrest


 My father died in the army. I was only 8 years old. Seven years later, my mom married a man named, Miguel. Now he's my stepfather. 
 When I came home from school one day with my friend, Josh, we both came in and saw Miguel kissing another woman that is not my mother. The woman looks at us with wide eyes open. She tries to stop kissing Miguel. 
"Where are you going, baby? You know I love you!"
 Josh and I couldn't believe what we just heard. My mom married him, and all of a sudden I see him kissing up his lips with another woman. The woman pushes him and runs out to the door. He turns around to chase her, but he has his eyes laid on us. 
"Come over here, Miranda." he says gritting his teeth.  
"No. I'm staying right here with Josh."
I look at the corner of my eye and I see Josh smiling. Miguel walks up to us, then faster. Josh and I back away then we start to run out the door and a block from there, we get in his house. I look out the window and see Miguel head back home. It's 4:00 pm and my mom comes home at 4:30 pm so I can go home and not let Miguel hit me. At 4:20 Josh and I finished our homework and then we ate. And at 4:30 pm, I went home. 
I open the door and my mom is here because I smell food. I hear Miguel saying 'I love you' to my mom and he comes to the door to get the mail. He stops when he sees me. 
 "You worthless bastard! If my father was alive and here right now, he would've killed you already!" I said, yelling. 
He grabs my hair and pulls on it hard. My mom comes in and yells at Miguel. 
 "You could have treated your daughter better, but instead you do what other women do, be like sluts!" 
My mom gets angry and runs to the kitchen, comes out with a hot burning frying pan and hits him on the head. 
I call the cops and they take Miguel to jail, for abusing me. 
I hug my mom and she apologizes for not choosing a better man for herself. 
But I miss daddy the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment